A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog about the history of denim exhibition I saw when I was in NYC this past February. (Click here to read The Denim Story blog.) The exhibit illustrated the importance of denim and the way the fabric literally became a mainstay in the fashion world. Denim is such a sturdy fabric and, quite possibly, the easiest to care for as well. One of the things I always do when I shop at Goodwill for clients who want to freshen up their look (or when I’m working on editorials) is to look for unique-and-stylish denim pieces that can be incorporated into the daily wardrobe. This week, I want to show you a few choice denim items that I picked up at two Goodwill stores near my home…
- My model Gina is wearing a short sleeveless mini dress over a pair of denim leggings. This sophisticated dress was just $5.99, and it’s a stand out piece with its subtle sheen finish on the denim.
- A denim jacket I found with pleated details on the front and a loose fit make it a steal at $5.99.
- A DKNY denim zip front blazer that’s dressy enough for the office with its nice structured lines (and slightly forgiving stretch) in a dark grey denim is a far dressier take than your classic Levi’s jacket. It was just $9.99!
- Another dress with pockets and a zip front this time had some interesting detail at the neckline. It also featured a slight stretch to the denim. This is a great find for $7.99.
- Last but not least, my wildcard was this pieced denim dress with attached t-shirt. It was just $5.99 and features an exposed side zipper.
- Doing denim looks is a lot easier when you shop Goodwill for unusual and stylish looks!