Congratulations to the Top 6 Finalists in our Amazing Looks Model Contest; Hayley D., Rachel M., Jeff J., Lynne B., Lori R. and Madeline S.! We had a tie for the fifth finalist, so six contestants will move onto the final round, where Fashion Expert Bjorn will decide the winner - stay tuned for that announcement after Memorial Day!
In case you missed it, following is more information that was previously posted regarding our contest:
We’re on the search for the next model for the Amazing Looks section of our website! You already shop and donate to Goodwill; here is your chance to model those great fashions right here on our website! Head over to one of our Goodwill Store & Donation Centers, purchase an outfit that represents your sense of style, then strike a pose!
The Amazing Looks Model Contest submissions and voting will take place on our AmazingGoodwill Facebook page! Make sure you "like" our page, so you're ready when the contest begins April 15, 2013, and when voting begins April 29, 2013!
Help us select our next Amazing Looks Model; voting is going on now! Visit our Amazing Looks Contest Tab on our Facebook page, and cast your vote, once per day, for your favorite models!
Who Can Enter:
- Contestants must be legal residents of Southeastern Wisconsin (Counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Fond du Lac, Rock, Dodge, Walworth, Washington, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Green Lake, Jefferson, Racine & Kenosha) or Metropolitan Chicago (Counties: Lake, DuPage, Cook, Kane, Iroquois, Kankakee, Ford, Vermilion, Kendall & Will).
- Employees of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago (“Sponsor”), and the immediate family members of those employees are ineligible.
- Be featured as a model for the Amazing Looks section of our website.
- Spend the day getting his/her hair and makeup professionally done (see Rules & Guidelines for photo shoot information).
- Wear outfits selected personally for them by our own fashion expert.
- Have the chance to purchase any of the outfits worn that day.
How You’ll Enter:
- Purchase a Goodwill outfit, that highlights your sense of style. Make sure 75% of the items that make up your outfit are from our stores.
- "Like" our AmazingGoodwill Facebook page to make sure you're ready when the contest goes live on April 15, 2013!
- On April 15, 2013, visit our AmazingGoodwill Facebook page, click on the Amazing Looks Model Contest tab. Then fill out an entry form with your information and upload a photo of yourself in your outfit from Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago.
- Entries will be accepted April 15, 2013 - April 28, 2013 only.
- Once you've entered, make sure to tell your friends all about it, so they can vote for you beginning April 29, 2013 (see voting below).
Rules & Guidelines:
- Must be between 18-80 years of age to enter.
- Contestant's outfit must contain no less than 75% of items from Goodwill. Verification may be required.
- Each person can enter the contest one time only–using one outfit.
- Photos need to remain tasteful; anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting.
- The winner will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose by Goodwill Industries. Their decision is final.
- Goodwill Industries reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The photo shoot takes place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Winner must travel at his/her own expense.
- Winner must be available for the Amazing Looks photo shoot, June 13-14, 2013.
- Sponsors are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner or other contest information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsors are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Public voting will run April 29, 2013 – May 19, 2013 on our AmazingGoodwill Facebook page.
- To vote for a photo, you’ll select “vote” beneath the specific photo. Voting can only be done through your computer; we do not recommend using a mobile device.
- Each person may vote once per day.
- The top five (5) photos, with the most votes, will be submitted to judging. This judging will run May 20, 2013 - May 23, 2013.
- The winner will be announced on the AmazingGoodwill Facebook page on May 24, 2013.
Odds of Winning:
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded hereunder.