Goodwill Donation Guidelines
Items We Can Accept
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions. Learn more and fill out a vehicle donation form on our Vehicle Donation Page to get started.
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: Stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Other large items
To help you determine your donations fair market value Goodwill is happy to provide a “Value Guide” that offers average prices in our stores for items in good condition.
With the introduction of Goodwill E-cycle, we now accept the following electronics as donations:
- Flat Screen Monitors (no CRTs)
- Hard Drives
- Mainframe computers
- Network switches
- Compact disc players
- DVD Players
- Electronic games
- Remote controls
- Tape players
- Two-way radios
- Toner cartridges (laser/ink)
- Electric typewriters
- Printed circuit board
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- Word Processors
- Cell phones
- Fax Machines
- Answering machines
- Telephone systems
Items We Cannot Accept
It's hard to say "no thank you" to a donation when those donations help to fund Goodwill programs. However, we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Other times, the item must be refused because it costs more to transport, repair or refurbish than it can be sold for in our stores. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept, and will help guide you to other possibilities for donations we cannot use.
We cannot accept the following items:
- CRT and DLP TVs, or rear-projection flat screen HDTVs
- CRT Computer Monitors
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc.
- No personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover, shaving cream, hairsprays, shavers, curling irons
- No fragrance items
- No mattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No weapons such as guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, hunting knives, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, including recalled items.