If ever there was a season to ramp up your accessory game it’s summer—pure and simple. Why? Because we pare down on our clothing due to the warm weather, but we also adopt lighter fabrics as well as more flowing clothing to catch the breeze and celebrate the beauty of nature. This allows for more embellishment to add to our ensembles! Summer accessories should take their cues from what we see around us; the golden rays of the sun, the way it glimmers and shines on the water of pools, lakes, and maybe, if you’re lucky, the ocean! This week I collected an assortment of accessories that could be worn year round but are still perfectly suited for the anticipated season ahead!
Here’s what to look for:
- Rough-hewn pieces like forged bracelets or wire-wrapped cuffs
- Cuff bracelets with gemstones that echo nature
- Colorful statement necklaces that reflect the colors of the season
- Cocktail rings in lighter colors like opal, for example, or distressed metals
- Layer on the lightweight bracelets—the more the merrier
- Shimmering chandelier earrings for daytime or evening wear
- Pieces with a lot of texture that could include leather or other natural elements
- Pieces that feature tassels!
- Beaded necklaces that combine summer colors with gold