Our Ultimate Upcycling Contest is back!
As we hunker down at home to further prevent the spread of COVID-19, this is an AMAZING opportunity to upcycle! Over the next two weeks we want you to create something unique by taking one item and repurposing it to make different item, with a completely different purpose from items around your house. Show us your creation, and you could win a prize from Goodwill!
What is upcycling?
Upcycling is the art of taking used goods to produce something unique, and often better than the original. For example, many of our Goodwill shoppers upcycle merchandise found at our Goodwill Store & Donation Centers. Please see examples of these creations below.
Who can enter:
- Contestants must be legal residents of Southeastern Wisconsin (Counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Fond du Lac, Rock, Dodge, Walworth, Washington, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Green Lake, Jefferson, Racine & Kenosha) or Metropolitan Chicago (Counties: Lake, DuPage, Cook, Kane, Iroquois, Kankakee, Ford, Vermilion, Kendall & Will).
- Employees of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago (“Sponsor”), and the
immediate family members of those employees are ineligible.
- Contestants must be 13 years of age, or older, to enter.
- Contestants must have completed their Upcycling project in 2020.
How to enter:
- Find an item inside your home and use it to create a completely different item, with a completely different purpose.
- Take one photo of your completed project.
- Entries must be submitted between Thursday, April 23, 2020 to Sunday, May 10, 2020.
- Fill out the form completely at the bottom of this page with your full name, address and email, along with a short description of your upcycled item; describing the materials you used and the finished product. Along with your information, you will also include one photo of your completed project. JPEG and PNG files will be accepted. Please keep your descriptions short, in order to ensure your photo is fully visible once the voting round begins.
How to win:
- Ten winners will be selected.
- Winners will be determined by fan voting on our website and a panel of Goodwill judges.
- Fan voting will begin Friday, May 15, 2020 and will end on Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
What you can win:
- First Place will receive a $100 Goodwill Gift Card
- Second Place will receive a $75 Goodwill Gift Card
- Third Place will receive a $50 Goodwill gift card
- Fourth Place through Tenth Place will receive a $20 Goodwill Gift Card.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've made a few changes to the contest this year. Click this link to view the official rules.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com