1. What was behind your inspiration for the portable make-up vanity?
I've always wanted one. Since I was a little girl. I've become more and more interested in makeup, and applying it, to the point that I've joined groups on Facebook and watch tutorials. These women, all of them have one, and they're gorgeous, but my room just doesn't have the space. Plus they're expensive. So when I saw the chest, it was like bingo, here's my vanity!
2. How did you become interested in upcycling items from Goodwill?
My mom actually told me about it.
3. What was your favorite part about this project?
My favorite part was seeing what I envisioned in my mind evolve into a sketch and then into my very own vanity while spending time with my mom. She helped and guided me so that it came out the way I envisioned.
4. How often do you shop at Goodwill and what do you enjoy most about shopping at our stores?
Oh, I'm always in a Goodwill, either by myself, my kids, or my mom lol you never know what you're going to find. You never know what you can create.
5. Have you done any other type of DIY projects using Goodwill as a resource?
Yes, actually. I've done a few accent pieces for my home. I was lucky to come across large mirrors that I have spruced up as well as a dining table and chair set. I've really taken a liking to repurposing and upholstery, and plan to make a business of it. Goodwill is a great resource.