Mother’s Day calls for a day of pampering! This fun craft from FamilyFun.com provides an inexpensive, and easy to make gift perfect for Mom!
What You’ll Need:
- 12-inch square of flannel fabric (a pillow case would work)
- 12-inch square of satin fabric (bed sheets or a pillow case will work)
From Craft Store:
- 16-inch length elastic
- Fabric glue
- 2-inch length black fringe trim (in thread section)
Around the Home:
- 5 tablespoons flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender
- Cut a piece of eye-wear shaped fabric from both the flannel and the satin piece (sunglasses work as a great template). On one side of the satin fabric – use glue to attach the fringe trim to look like eyelashes.
- Run a line of glue around the edge of the satin fabric (on the side opposite the eyelashes) leaving a one-inch gap. Lay the elastic band on either side of the mask, so that each end is in the glue. Lay the flannel piece on top of the satin piece, and press the two pieces together. Be sure each end of the elastic is closed inside the mask. Allow the glue to dry.
- Use the funnel to pour the flaxseed and lavender into the opening. Glue this section closed and let dry thoroughly.
- When your mask is ready for use, heat in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm it. The lavender scent and comfort of warmth are sure to pamper Mom!