There is no end to the gifts you can make for the girls in your life from sweaters.
Every woman likes jewelry. This bangle bracelet is so easy yet looks expensive.
1. Cut a piece of sweater to go around a wood or plastic bracelet. The length of material you need would be approximately three times the diameter, or you can just eyeball it! Sew it right on to the bangle with a running stitch. Using glue, I embellished it with rhinestone ribbon.
2. Or make a collar. For this, I used the bottom band of the sweater so I only had to hem one side. Hold it together with a fancy pin or an earring.
3. Turn a heart into a pin. Trace and cut out a heart shape and sew the two pieces together with a blanket stitch. Stuff with fiberfill and add a pin back. I made my gift even more special by wrapping a pearl bracelet around it.
4. Make a bouquet that will last forever. Roll a rectangle piece of sweater into a flower bud shape and hold together with a couple of stitches or glue. Insert a pipe cleaner for the stem and cover the raw edge with a piece of felt. Glue the ends. You can make dozens from the scraps.
5. For the outdoor enthusiasts, make special hand-warmers. I cut a piece of felt in a mitten shape, added a sweater band to the top and a little heart. Tuck in disposable hand-warmers. Make a pair for everyone on your list.
I would love to hear your DIY ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts.