Handbags are the perfect marriage of style and function. The right one will fit all of your essentials while also adding a little panache to your outfit. That being said, there’s no one handbag that does it all. That’s why we recommend having a selection of them to mix up your look and complete any outfit.In honor of National Handbag Day on October 10, here are seven handbags we think you should have in her closet. Remember – building your handbag collection doesn’t have to cost a lot. You can find a range of brands and styles at your local Goodwill – often for less than $10.
1) Shoulder Bag – This is your go-to bag that is perfect for both work and play. You’ll get a lot of use out of this one so look for a bag that’s well made with a sturdier material. Another thing to consider is picking a neutral tone that will match more items in your closet.
2) Bucket Bag – Although this classic shape never goes out of style, it had a bit of a resurgence in popularity in 2020. It’s no wonder why – with adjustable straps and plenty of room to hold essentials, these bags get the job done while also looking great.
3) Tote Bag – This is the perfect choice when you have a lot of items to carry. For work, look for one that’s more structured in a sleek leather material. For more casual occasions, a canvas tote bag is a timeless option.
4) Quilted Handbag – The Chanel 2.55 Handbag is the gold standard. However, most of us are unable to afford the $6,500 price tag that comes with it. Fortunately, there are many beautiful – and much more affordable – handbags inspired by this legendary style. Look for a quilted leather or tweed with a gold or silver chain link shoulder strap.
5) Clutch – When you don’t have much to carry, a clutch is the perfect option. These bags come in a wide assortment of materials and in a rainbow of colors. Look for one with a wrist strap so you can easily carry it, hands free.
6) Crossbody Bag – Keep your hands free when you wear this type of bag. Crossbody bags are super versatile and can easily be dressed up or down depending on the style and material. For example, a colorful nylon bag is perfect for running errands while a black patent leather bag is great for going out at night.
7) Evening Bag – You may not wear this bag a lot – especially these days – but when you do, make a statement. These bags allow you to have a little fun with a lot of embellishments. Think beads, pearls, diamante and feathers.
Ready to expand your handbag collection? Find a wide assortment of handbags at fantastic prices at a Goodwill store location near you.