Enter our Ultimate Upcycling Contest!
Earth Month is an AMAZING opportunity to upcycle! This month, we want you to create something unique by taking one or more items and repurposing it to make a completely different item. Your upcycled creation should include at least one item purchased at Goodwill.
What is upcycling?
Upcycling is the art of taking used goods to produce something unique, and often better than the original. For example, many of our Goodwill shoppers upcycle merchandise found at our Goodwill Store & Donation Centers. Please see examples of these creations below.
Who can enter:
- Contestants must be legal residents of Southeastern Wisconsin (Counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Fond du Lac, Rock, Dodge, Walworth, Washington, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Green Lake, Jefferson, Racine & Kenosha) or Metropolitan Chicago (Counties: Lake, DuPage, Cook, Kane, Iroquois, Kankakee, Ford, Vermilion, Kendall & Will).
- Employees of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago (“Sponsor”), and the
immediate family members of those employees are ineligible.
- Contestants must be 13 years of age, or older, to enter.
- Upcycled project must have been completed within the last year. Projects must include at least one item purchased at Goodwill.
How to enter:
- Entries will only be accepted online from Saturday, April 3, 2021 through Sunday, April 18, 2021. (Entry form will close at 11:59 p.m. on April 18, 2021.)
- To enter, complete the online entry form at the bottom of the page and include:
* One photo of the item(s) you used BEFORE you started your project.
* One photo of your project AFTER it's been completed.
* Brief description (50 to 100 words) of your project.
* List of items of you used in your project. Please indicate items which item(s) you purchased at Goodwill.
How to win:
- Ten entries, selected by a panel of Goodwill judges, will be submitted to the final round of fan voting. (Fan voting begins on Thursday, April 22, 2021.)
- First, second, and third place winners will be awarded by the number of fan votes.
- All winners will be announced on AmazingGoodwill.com and on the AmazingGoodwill Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages on Friday, April 30, 2021.
What you can win:
- First Place will receive a $150 Goodwill gift card
- Second Place will receive a $100 Goodwill gift card
- Third Place will receive a $50 Goodwill gift card
- Fourth Place through Tenth Place will receive a $10 Goodwill gift card.
Submit your entry here:
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com