By Pam Pierson, Multimedia Manager, Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Metropolitan Chicago
This simple glass jar DIY decoupage project can easily be done using items found at Goodwill, and it can be a great centerpiece for your 4th of July table!
- Mod Podge
- Tacky glue
- Paint brush
- Glass jar
- Napkin with a design
- Tea light
- Artificial flowers or patriotic items
- Fiber fill
- Wash and dry glass jar
- Cut out main design of napkin (if the napkin has two layers, pull off the bottom layer and discard).
- Then tear rest of napkin into smaller sized pieces.
- Take your Mod Podge and lightly brush glue on the main cut out of the napkin on the right side.
- Place main piece inside glass, with the right side facing out. Gently press the piece to the glass with your finger.
- The main piece is now on the inside of the glass with the image facing out. If needed, lightly brush additional glue on the main piece if the edges are sticking up.
- Next, take one of the torn napkin pieces and lightly brush Mod Podge on the right side. Gently press the piece to the inside of the glass jar with your finger. If needed, lightly brush additional glue on the main piece if the edges are sticking up.
- Continue this process of adding small pieces to the entire glass until it is completely covered.
- You can add as many pieces as you would like. It depends upon how transparent or opaque you would like the design.
- Add ribbon if you would like.
- Drop in a tea light.
- OR add artificial flowers or a patriotic item. To help hold the flowers or patriotic item, add some fiber fill inside.