Wondering what back-to-school trends will make the grade? We’re sharing the Cliffs Notes version of how to help your kids start the school year in style. Here are some of this year’s most popular items and trends – ones that are sure to earn an A+:
1. Tie Dye – Everyone’s favorite summer trend is still going strong this fall. Look for tie dye t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and accessories. It may also turn up on school supplies, such as backpacks, notebooks, and folders.
2. A Fancy Backpack – Think of it like a classic investment handbag – the best are the ones you don’t get sick of wearing every day. Fortunately, there are plenty of options. Sporty, utilitarian, neon colored, animal print … even character and superhero themed. Let your child pick the one that speaks to him or her.
3. Classic Sneakers – The go-with-everything shoe style is a pair of classic sneakers. Get a pair of these in bright white. Your child can pair these with everything from their favorite pair of jeans to the prettiest floral dresses.
4. Face Coverings – When kids go back to the classroom, it’s likely they’ll need to wear a face covering. Fortunately, there are many style options. Look for ones that are soft and breathable with a fun design that fits your child’s personality.
5. Cute Notebooks – Remember how the only notebook options used to be wide or college ruled? These days, notebooks are a way to show off a little personality and style. Think bold colors, wild prints, glitter and, in some cases, even faux fur.
6. Street Style – You can’t open a magazine or look at Instagram without seeing a celebrity dressed in the latest street fashions. And now it’s filtered down into clothing for kids and teens. It’s all about celebrating individualism with urban, sport, and punk influences. To rock the look, pick up a few pairs of skinny jeans; colorful, oversized t-shirts; a black hoodie jacket; and high-tech athletic shoes.
7. A Colorful Water Bottle – The gold standard of the moment is Hydro Flask. These come in multiple sizes, styles, and colors. But beyond being cute, they also hold up to the wear and tear of going to and from school, day after day.
Looking for items to help your kids go back to school in style? Find the items you need at a Goodwill store location near you.