Safety Is Our Top Priority
The health and safety of our employees, customers and program participants has remained a top priority throughout the pandemic. At Goodwill, we will continue to follow enhanced safety precautions including cleaning protocols, social distancing and capacity limits determined by local municipalities.
Effective March 1, 2022, Goodwill will not require employees, customers or program participants to wear masks. Customers and visitors should continue to adhere to local ordinances and program participants should follow their program requirements.
Shopper Safety Details
A number of safety protocols have been put in place, which may make your Goodwill experience a little different from what you remember.
- We are actively monitoring the capacity of our stores in accordance with federal, state and local municipality capacity orders.
- Social distancing signs have been placed on the floor throughout the store to show the recommended six-feet distance required.
- Plexi glass sneeze guards have been placed at cash registers.
Donation Safety Details
- Goodwill offers no-contact donations; donation attendants will pick up your donations from your trunk while you wait in the car.
- Simply pull up to the donation doors, remain in your vehicle and our donation attendants will unload your donations and provide you with a donation receipt, if requested.
- All donations should be in a container – bag, box, tote, etc. Please do not donate loose items.
Employee Safety Details
- Goodwill is providing employees with face masks and gloves to wear while at work in areas where masks are required by local ordinances or when an employee (regardless of vaccination status) may be required to wear a mask when they return to work after a Covid infection per CDC guidelines.
- Plexiglass sneeze guards have been placed at cash registers.
- Employee breakrooms will enforce social distancing.
Shop Safely Online:
Now you can shop Goodwill from home! We started selling select products online to reach a bigger audience and ensure we are maximizing the value of the generous donations we receive from our communities. Revenue generated through items we sell on ShopGoodwill, Amazon, and eBay still stays local, helping us provide job training and employment services to people with disabilities or disadvantages. Shopping online not only supports Goodwill’s mission, but also allows you to browse thousands of items safely from home, whenever you’d like.