With the last holiday weekend of the summer ahead, planning for comfort and style is important when attending family functions, picnics and festivals. Most times the events will err on the more casual side, so pulling together some workable pieces is really easy with these tips on what to pack, and wear as we say goodbye to summer.
If you’re going out of town you’ll want to have some mixable pieces that will look good for the duration, such as:
- Denim shirt
- Tote bag
- Various t-shirts/ tops
- Casual dress
Here are some of the items I found at Goodwill that would be more than suitable for a carefree holiday weekend getaway. Not pictured are the tennis shoes and sandals that I forgot in the store! But, with them they would have brought us up to around $50 total for our weekend wardrobe.
- Lauren Conrad denim shorts - $4.99
- Mossimo chambray long-sleeve top - $4.99
- H&M navy-and-white striped t-shirt - $3.99
- Xhilaration patterned tank top -$3.99
- Coldwater Creek chambray shirt dress - $5.99
- Loft khaki cotton shorts with drawstring - $3.99
- HYPE faux reptile statement bag with detachable shoulder strap - $9.99
- Accessories - including necklace, sunglasses and belt - each $1.99
TOTAL $43.90With these pieces at your disposal, you can mix and match them to create a fun, contemporary style in a flash. Goodwill has all the things you might need to add to your own packing list, so why not swing by one of our stores and see what you can find to end your summer on a fashionable note?