New year, new intentions. I like that. I intend to keep editing my collections of clothing and accessories down to what I can really use at any given time. As a stylist for fashion, I have a collection of items used for photo shoots and other projects. While shopping at my local Goodwill store, I took a peek in the jewelry display case one day and came away with a haul of accessories! The items you see here will be used to style upcoming fashion stories.
Accessories are the great game changer for a lot of sophisticated folks. The idea is to have a lot of tailored, as well as more neutral pieces to build your wardrobe. Then, by using accessories, you transform those styles into fashion. The jewelry I chose would be considered statement pieces—and a statement piece is going to stand out in a crowd. It could be oversized, uniquely fabricated or just really cool. Check out the slideshow below and I’ll give you a rundown on the items, their prices and why I bought them.
- Chico’s lucite, gold and navy tasseled necklace - $12.99. This necklace has rich details in the way it’s made, and it has a very good clasp in the back. REMEMBER what you don’t see is important too.
- Leopard pendant - $9.99. Again, this is a well-made piece, note the shiny black back and all the stones in place!
- Pierre Cardin clip on earrings - $2.99. These remind me of a punk rock look, but classy!
- Silver metallic and rhinestone boho earrings - $1.99. Sparkle! Need I say more?
- Large lucite cuff bracelet with gold birds - $2.99. Amazing! This is so stunning, just a wow!
TOTAL: $30.95 (minus my Club Goodwill REwards discount plus tax)
Final tip: Always check out the jewelry case when visiting Goodwill!